Relevant research questions
The "R" represents the clinical relevance of a research question
Within the FINER framework, the "R" answers the all-encompassing, "So, what?" question. Relevant research questions influence clinical practice, change protocols, and improve upon patient outcomes. Relevant research questions also leads to quality improvement, more precision and accuracy in treatment effects, and make a meaningful contribution to a given body of knowledge. Lastly, relevant research questions drive future research!
Relevant research questions and FINER
Here are some questions to answer when writing relevant research questions with FINER.
- Will your study improve upon patient outcomes?
- Does the study serve immediate patient needs in the population of interest?
- Will your study improve upon patient safety?
- Will you study lead to quality improvement of fiscal savings?
- Will your study guide future research endeavors?
- Can the study results be readily interpreted in the current clinical context?
- Can the study results be easily generalized to patient populations?
- Can the study results be applied in clinical environments to improve upon patient care?
- Will the study influence current clinical practice standards in a meaningful way?
Click on the PICO button to continue working on the research question.
Statistician For Hire
DO YOU NEED TO HIRE A STATISTICIAN?
Eric Heidel, Ph.D. will provide statistical consulting for your research study at $100/hour. Secure checkout is available with PayPal, Stripe, Venmo, and Zelle.
- Statistical Analysis
- Sample Size Calculations
- Diagnostic Testing and Epidemiological Calculations